Submitted Media Release
The County of Brant is excited to launch the new public transportation service called Brant eRide.
“Brant eRide is flexible, accessible, shared-ride and affordable public transportation,” said Sheena Yarek, Supervisor of Public Transportation and Accessibility Services for the County of Brant. “This new service will launch on October 15, 2019.”
What you need to know about Brant eRide:
· Sedans, SUVs and vans will be used to provide public transportation.
· To book a ride, call 519.770.TOGO or to learn how to book online and/or download the app, visit www.brant.ca/eRide for further instructions. You can book your transportation up to one month in advance.
· Types of rides and costs:
– Commuter rideshare: If you are flexible with your travel times, you will be given a mutual meeting and drop off location (called virtual hubs). A commuter fare is $1 per trip.
– Community rideshare will pick you up and drop you off at your requested locations. A community fare is $3 per trip.
– Children, 12 years old and younger, ride for free. Children must be accompanied by an adult.
– There is no charge for a support person who is accompanying a Brant eRide passenger.
– Please indicate, at the time of booking, if you are bringing children and/or a support person so the appropriate number of seats can be reserved.
· Payment can be made by credit card at the time of booking. Exact cash is accepted by the driver and punch passes are also available for purchase at all County of Brant Customer Service locations and the Brant Sports Complex (944 Powerline Rd., Paris).
· Accessible transportation is available. Please indicate the type of mobility device you have at the time of booking.
· Brant eRide will take you anywhere within the County of Brant. It can also drop off and pick up in Brantford. However, if you are looking for a ride within Brantford, Brantford Transit will be able to assist.
· Brant eRide operates from Monday to Friday, 6:00 am to 9:00 pm and Saturday and Sunday from 8:00 am to 6:00 pm. It does not operate on holidays.
· Brant eRide will be replacing the current Subsidized Transportation Program (STP).
· Residents from Brantford and visitors can use this service to access the County of Brant.
“We are excited to launch this new service. Brand eRide is licensed, regulated and all drivers are screened and have received training,” said Yarek. “We encourage residents to create an account and download the Brant eRide app today.”
Download the app by November 30, 2019 and receive four free rides. Use ‘4FREE’ when booking. Free rides expire on December 31, 2019.
Public Information Sessions will be held to learn more about Brant eRide. For a listing of sessions, please visit www.brant.ca/eRide.
For more information about Brant eRide, visit www.brant.ca/eRide or contact Sheena Yarek at 519.44-BRANT x 3204.