Raise money, raise awareness, raise spirits and raise hope, all in support of Nova Vita. Join
Raise money, raise awareness, raise spirits and raise hope, all in support of Nova Vita. Join the virtual celebration Wednesday March 10th.
Join us Wednesday March 10th as we celebrate International Women’s Day 2021 in support of Nova Vita. In response to the global pandemic, we are bringing our event to you in the comfort and safety of your own home. This year’s virtual event package will include: take-home dinner from the Brantford Golf & Country Club, fundraising games, silent auction and inspiring presentations.
Brantford is currently rated 1st in Ontario and 4th in all of Canada for police-reported incidents of domestic violence. Your support will make a difference. When you participate in fundraising events like International Women’s Day (IWD), you help Nova Vita make a meaningful difference in the lives of women and families impacted by violence and homelessness. Last year, we helped 220 women and children living in our emergency shelter, supported 307 women through individual and group counselling programs, answered 6,367 calls on our 24-Hour Crisis & Support line, and provided 304 women with transitional support.
At Nova Vita, safety for women and their families is at the heart of the work we do. The past year has created additional challenges for us all, especially for women experiencing increased violence within the confines of their own homes. The team at Nova Vita has shown great resilience in adapting to the ever-changing landscape to ensure that they can continue to offer essential services, safe shelter, and support to all members of the community. At this year’s event, you’ll hear from Nova Vita staff about how their programs and services provide wrap-around support for women and their families; they will share their stories, and show how your support makes a difference.
How does this work virtually?
- Purchase your tickets before March 3. You can purchase more FUNdraising Purse tickets up to March 8.
- Dinner and Gift Bags will be ready for pick-up at the Brantford Golf & Country Club on Wednesday March 10th between 5PM and 7PM (select your preferred time when purchasing your tickets). All items will be passed safely to your vehicle via curbside pick-up.
- Go home, settle in to something comfy, enjoy your meal, browse the program and get ready for the Zoom event. Login between 7:30PM and 8PM to chat with other attendees and enjoy the official event playlist.
- Enjoy the program! The event starts at 8PM and we have a tight agenda to keep the program rolling with stories, fundraising activities, and a special standing ovation to give thanks to our Frontline Heroes at Nova Vita.
- When the program ends, know you have made a difference. Celebrate the impact you have made for women and their families in your community.
Connect with your friends, colleagues, and family members and purchase your tickets today. Your ticket to Nova Vita Celebrates International Women’s Day 2021 includes:
- Take-Home Dinner from the award-winning Brantford Golf & Country Club. Option of Chicken Marsala (chicken breast lightly sauteed with marsala wine & herbed scented mushrooms served over rice pilaf and lemon scented market vegetables) OR Tofu Marsala (gluten-free breaded fried tofu served over rice pilaf with marsala mushroom sauce and lemon scented market vegetables).
- FUNdraiser Purse – Includes tickets for exciting door prizes and fundraising game.
- $25 Donation – Charitable tax receipt to follow event.
- Sweet Treat from SWEET Bakery.
- Gift Bag – Including a special gift from Nova Vita.
- Zoom Link for Event Participation
Purchase your tickets today and help us achieve our vision for a world where individuals, relationships, families and communities are safe, empowered, and healthy.
For more information about becoming a sponsor, donating a prize, or getting involved, contact: Jessica Powless, Special Events & Public Education Coordinator at [email protected] or visit www.novavita.org/participate/#international-womens-day.
(Wednesday) 8:00 PM - 9:00 PM
Nova Vita Domestic Violence Prevention ServicesAnne Ruddell, Special Events Coordinator 59 North Park Street