If you can’t go to Italy, the Italians will come to you… Their rich immigrant experience is coming on Aug. 7 to the Brant County Museum. Brant Theatre Workshops, Canadian Industrial
If you can’t go to Italy, the Italians will come to you… Their rich immigrant experience is coming on Aug. 7 to the Brant County Museum.
Brant Theatre Workshops, Canadian Industrial Heritage Centre, Laurier Brantford and the Brant Historical Society are sponsoring this event. These same partners enlivened the Jewish immigrant experience in 2019. Attracting the attention of CBC and filling the Stephen Kun Theatre at Laurier Brantford, the event broke all attendance records at the Brant County Museum.
We can now announce our next event – the celebration of Brantford’s Italian immigrant experience through a day-long event held throughout Brantford. To create this theatrical/heritage event the committed has mined the memories of 20 Italian elders, combed through thousands of documents and posted 16 half hour episodes to their Vimeo Channel. The following is out Aug. 7 schedule: (Events require registration online due to Covid restrictions))
At the Museum and Downtown:
- 12:30pm opening of exhibit at the Brant County Museum curated by Dr. Christina Han. (limit of 5 – half hour visits from 12:30 to 6:30pm by donation)
- 2:00, 3:00, 4:00pm Inner City Historical Walk curated by Brian Moore at the Brant County Museum (limit of 20 per walk by donation)
- 5:00pm Rossini Lodge Spaghetti Dinner Delivery with Trivia Sheet (limit of 30 delivered within Brantford $20. each)
At Rossini Lodge:
- 6:00pm Panel Discussion (limit of 150 – $35. includes dinner, play and discussion)
- 7:00pm Dinner, music, videos
- 7:30pm The Italians Arrival, a serious, irreverent and humorous play based on a community’s memory of Brantford curated by Brant Theatre Workshops
You can register for the event or link to the event online on Aug. 7 beginning at 2:00pm.
In person tickets ave available at Rossini Lodge.
Check out http://branttheatre.com/memories/ to register for events or for the live stream link.
$35. dinner and show
All Day (Saturday)
140 Grey Street, Brantford